Frequently asked questions

What is the procedure for obtaining the ATPL license?
    • Prior to carrying out the ATPL skill test, the applicant must meet and certify the prerequisites and experience as laid down in Regulation (EU) 1178/2011 in the relevant aircraft category and hold the corresponding ATPL certificate of prior requirements and experience issued by COPAC or EASA
    • The examiner with whom it intends to carry out the ATPL skill test must be expressly authorised to do so, by means of an authorisation letter issued by AESA at the request of the examiner. 
    • The ATPL skill test shall be carried out under valid EASA means.
I currently have the rating with restriction on registration of a third country ICAO How can I remove the restriction?

    In order to remove the restriction, it is necessary to apply to AESA for authorisation prior to the skill test to be carried out under EASA means, by means of an application request.  Among the requirements to be accredited are:

    — Licence of the ICAO Third Country with the annotated rating in force
    — Verification of license of the ICAO Third Country
    — Compliance and accrediting the experience requirements and the prerequisites for the
    issue of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL
    — Be currently in flight practice (accredited flights within the last
    3 months)
    — Have and accredit not less than:

    — For aeroplane class ratings, 100 hours of flight experience as a
    pilot in that class,
    — For aeroplane type ratings, 500 hours of flight experience as a
    pilot on that type,
    — For single-engine helicopters with a maximum certified
    take-off mass of up to 3 175 kg, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot of
    that type,
    — for all other helicopters, 350 hours of flight experience as a
    pilot of that type

    The calculation of the required experience must be certified by a certificate issued by the duly legalised operator.

    In relation to the accreditation of the usual flight practice in the rating, the rating may be accredited by logbook duly certified or endorsed by the holder

    For more information please contact us at the following email address

The validity period of my rating expired on 30.06.2020.After expiry, do I have any additional time to revalidate the rating?

    No additional time frame is envisaged. Once the rating has expired without the revalidation procedure having been carried out in time and form, and for the purpose of its entry into force, it shall be renewed in an ATO or DTO for PART FCL licences or a ULM training centre for ULM licences.

I am exercising flight privileges of a licensed rating of a third country ICAO, is there any possibility of affixing it to the PART FCL licence?

    As long as you meet and accredit the requirements for this, you have the possibility to perform the procedure of accepting ratings of class or type recorded on licenses of a third country ICAO. Options are currently being considered:

    1. record with restriction on registration of a third country ICAO
    2. request prior authorisation from AESA for the entry of the rating without restriction on registration
    3. request both procedures
My examiner has submitted the rating revalidation documentation to the flight test notification email address, is it sufficient to update my license?

    Regardless of the flight test notification by the examiner, the documentation derived from the flight test carried out shall be submitted to AESA through the channels currently established for this purpose. Documentation received via email is not subject to processing


My license has expired. Can I order a duplicate?

    If the content of the license is outdated, it is not possible to issue a duplicate. In your case you have the possibility to request a historical report of the licence either through the Electronic Headquarters of EASA or by request request


To obtain ATPL License What are the requirements?
    • Hold a valid CPL PART FCL licence issued in accordance with Commission Regulation EU 1178/2011 of 3 November 2011
    • Hold the ATPL theoretical subjects in force, in accordance with that Regulation and certified by the Aeronautical Authority of a Member State EASA
    • Hold an aeronautical medical certificate in force Class 1 in accordance with the PART MED of that Regulation
    • Comply with the prerequisites and experience requirements under FCL.510 in the relevant aircraft category and in accordance with Regulation (EU) 1178/2011, prior to carrying out the ATPL(A) skill test accredited by the “ATPL Pre-requisite and Experience Accreditation Certificate” issued by COPAC or AESA.
    • Hold or be in a position to hold an MP type rating or multi-pilot helicopter rating (as applicable) in which to perform the skill test, in accordance with Regulation (EU) 1178/2011
In order to have language proficiency in a language, is it necessary to have radio telephony attributions?

    In order to hold language proficiency in the language accepted by the EASA Authority concerned, it is necessary to hold additional radio telephony privileges in that language and to have them recorded in paragraph XII of the FCL licence.


I want to request an information note of my FCL license How should I proceed?

    The information note contains the content in force of the FCL license You can request an information note via AESA’s Electronic Headquarters or by application request


I want to transfer my license from another EASA Aeronautical Authority What is the procedure to follow?

    To transfer FCLésta license must be in force and have at least English language proficiency. The procedure requires submitting the FCL licence transfer application to AESA. The applicant must also contact the relevant EASA aeronautical authority to authorise the transfer of the medical file.